Q) Can I cancel my Protect4Less subscription?
Q) What exactly is Protect4less?
Protect4less is a Subscription-based program that allows you to buy unmatched device protection benefits for your cherished mobile phone and other electronic products you own. As long as your subscription is active, your device is protected against accidental damage, theft by forced entry, PLUS an additional period of Extended Warranty against mechanical or electrical failures.
Q) What does a Protect4Less protection plan subscription cover?
As long as Protect4Less protection plan subscriptions are active, they help cover your device against the following:
Accidental damage causing cracked screen / back glass, or liquid damage till your device is up to 2 years old from device purchase date
Mechanical or electrical failures causing touchscreen failure or speaker/audio/charging port failure till your device is up to 3 years old from the device purchase date, including the first year of manufacturer’s warranty
Theft by forced entry till your device is up to 2 years old from device purchase date.
Q) What items does Protect4Less cover?
Mobile Phones, Tablets, Laptops, Pads, Smart Watches, and related accessories.
Q) Does Protect4Less cover used or refurbished items?
Used or refurbished items up to 12 months old can be covered. You can subscribe to a protection plan if your item is up to 12 months old and is in good working condition.
Q) Can you protect my device? How much will it cost?
We protect devices that are up to 12 months old and are in good working condition. To check for a protection plan for your device, just go to https://sa.protect4less.com/plan/create/, simply select your device, brand, model, purchase month and choose a plan that suits you!
Q) How does the manufacturer warranty work with Protect4Less?
Your Protect4Less subscription covers Accident Damage Protection from day one. However, as most new purchases come with a manufacturer’s warranty that cover mechanical or electrical failures due to parts or workmanship, Protect4Less’s Extended Warranty begins when the manufacturer’s warranty ends (typically up to one year from the date of purchase).
Q) Are there any charges that I need to pay for the repair or replacement of my device?
There are no charges for repair of mechanical or electrical failures. For accidental damage claims like those for liquid damage, cracked screen, etc there are pre-defined fixed claim fees.
Q) How do deductibles work?
A deductible is an amount you pay per accidental damage claim or theft claim as given below:
|Device Purchase Value (SAR)||Deductible (SAR)|
|Up to 1890||50|
|Between 1891 and 4700||101|
|Between 4701 and 7510||152|
Q) How does the claim / repair process work?
- Login to your account & click “Open Claim” that you will find in quick links or header.
- Answer few claims related questions, select a service center and submit.
- We will process your claim in 24 hours or max 48 hours.
- You can drop off your device at your selected service center or it will be picked up if you had selected pick up and drop off.
- Once your device is ready you will be informed to collect it or it will be delivered back to you.
Q) How many claims can I file?
Q) What’s the difference between the manufacturer’s warranty and my Protect4Less plan?
Protect4Less plan -
- Protect4Less Protection plan covers common Accident damages like drops and spills from the day you subscribe to the plan
- Protect4Less covers you above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty period to ensure there aren’t ever gaps in coverage and your item stays protected even after the manufacturer's warranty period ends
- Protect4Less also includes extended warranty covering mechanical or electrical failures over and above the 1 year standard manufacturer warranty provided by manufacturers from the date of device purchase. Protect4Less extended warranty continues after the manufacturer warranty expires
Manufacturer’s warranty -
- Most items purchased new come with a manufacturer’s warranty, covering only mechanical or electrical failures due to parts or workmanship. Coverage lasts generally up to one year from the date of purchase
- Most importantly, Manufacturer’s Warranty DOES NOT cover common accidental damages like drops and spills
Q) What happens after I file a claim?
Q) What happens after I deliver my item to a Service Center / Collection Point?
Q) How will I know if my claim has been approved or rejected?
Q) What happens to my item after my claim is approved?
Q) What do I do if my Claim is rejected?
Q) How can I find the IMEI / Serial No. for my item?
Dial *#06# on your phone. The IMEI should display on your screen
For cellular iPads, iPhones 5 and newer models, the IMEI is printed on the back of your phone, at the bottom
If your device has a removable battery, look for the IMEI number printed beneath the battery
If you are unable to turn on your device, check the barcode of the box your device came in. Else call your carrier or check your latest mobile bill for the IMEI number
For non-cellular devices, you can find the serial number at the back of the device or check with the seller from whom you bought the device
Q) Can I replace my item with another item in my existing Protect4Less subscription?
Q) Can I add additional devices to my Protect4Less subscription?
Q) I filed a claim and got a replacement device. How do I update the replacement device details in my P4L account?
If you have a replacement device, just go to “My Devices” in your P4L Account, click on “Replace” against the device which has been replaced, and follow the simple steps online. Subscription charges would apply as per the plan you choose for the replacement device and a new Protection Plan would be issued to you. The Protection Plan of the previous device would stop and you would receive a refund on a pro-rata basis against the balance number of days of the previous device subscription, if any.